Immediate Relative Green Card

Immediate Relative Green CardLooking for ways to bring your immediate relatives to live in the United States as legal permanent residents or green card holders?

If you are a citizen of the U.S.A., you can petition the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) to bring your immediate relatives to join you in the United States.


Who Qualifies for An Immediate Relative Green Card

Immediate Relatives, as specified by the Immigration Naturalization Act “INA” include:

1. Spouses of United States (U.S.) citizens
2. Unmarried children of U.S. citizens under 21 years of age including
3. Stepchildren- provided the qualifying marriage was entered into prior to the child’s 18th birthday and
4. Parents of U.S. citizens- for children over 21 years of age


Eligibility for Immediate Relative Green Card


For Immediate Relatives Living Abroad

Current immigration laws give special preference to immediate relatives of citizens who are their husband or wife, parents and unmarried children under the age of 21.

Upon approval, your immediate relative automatically qualify for a US visa without being subjected to annual numerical limitations or quota, as imposed by Congress.


Immediate Relatives in the U.S.

If your immediate relative, as listed above, currently reside in the United States, you may be able to apply with the USCIS for approval to adjust his or her immigration status to that of legal permanent resident without having to travel back to their home country for consular processing.

Relatives currently living in the United States must have made a legal entry or otherwise inspected, admitted or paroled by immigration officials during their border crossing.

Be advised, under this category additional requirements apply, please seek advice from an experienced immigration lawyer.


Documentary Evidence

Be prepared to submit documentation to show relationship and adequate income source and/or assets to provide an affidavit of support on behalf of your relative.

Required documentation or evidence is to be supplied by Clients on an as needed basis and on a timely fashion. If you require assistance procuring documentation, please let us know.

Failure to comply with requests for documentation will result in delay of approval and may result in a denial of your application before the U.S.C.I.S. or at the Embassy, National Visa Center or Consulate level.


Contact Us

Request a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney by dialing toll free (866) 941-2229 or by sending us an email through our contact page.

Immediate Relative Green Card” References

The post Immediate Relative Green Card appeared first on; bookmark the permalink.


Written by Yolette M. Saintiny, Esq.

Immigration, Real Estate & Family Lawyer Yolette M. Saintiny, Esq., is a member in good standing of the New York state bar, second judicial department since 1995.
Yolette, a zealous attorney and serial entrepreneur has cumulative legal experience in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors where she has dedicated her legal knowledge to assisting immigrants in receiving Benefits under current immigration laws; along with seeking legal redress for victims of abuse.
For Legal Services Contact attorney Yolette M. Saintiny in Brooklyn & Manhattan at (800) 691-2949; (347) 955-1515 or direct your written inquiries via email.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Translate »