Green Cards For Nonimmigrant US Residents

Green Cards For Nonimmigrant US ResidentsIf you are a nonimmigrant resident of the U.S.- You may be eligible to apply for a green card through an immediate family member, employment-based immigrant visa or financial investment through the eb-5 program, refugee or asylum status or a variety of other special provisions.

In some cases, you may even be able to self-petition (Amerasian, Special Immigrants) or have a record created for permanent residence on your behalf (U and T Visas for victims of qualified criminal activities).

However, with the state of current affairs, that is the Judicial hold placed on the Obama Immigration Action Plan…

If you are a nonimmigrant resident of the United States who is not eligible for DACA 2012 as a childhood arrival, or are not aware of the other avenues for getting a green card….

Listed below are 3 ways or avenues to legal permanent residency you may be overlooking, should you qualify for same.


Ways to Get Special Green Cards For Nonimmigrant US Residents

Be advised – most of the paths listed below offer nonimmigrant visa protection at first – but if you follow the guidelines – that temporary status can lead to an immigrant visa aka legal permanent residence (LPR) or green card status. Here we go:

U Visa Immigrant Victims of Crime

The U visa is available for victims of certain qualifying crimes who continue to cooperate in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal perpetrator.

These crimes include Abusive Sexual Contact, Blackmail, Domestic Violence, Extortion, False Imprisonment, Felonious Assault, Female Genital Mutilation, Being Held Hostage, Incest, and Involuntary Servitude among others.

Although a U visa is a temporary benefit, it can lead to Legal Permanent Residency should the applicant successfully prove eligibility, including providing documented evidence that the victim suffered substantial physical or mental abuse. Continue reading…


Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)

SIJS is available for unmarried minors under 21 years of age who do not reside with their parents due to parental neglect, abuse, abandonment or other crimes perpetrated by his/her parents.

In order to qualify for SIJS, the applicant must obtain a family court order in their current jurisdiction, be under court order or committed to the custody of a state agency such as juvenile courts and child welfare agencies.

The Special Immigrant Juvenile Program grants a green card or legal permanent residence to the applicant allowing its beneficiary to live and work permanently in the United States.


Violence against Women Act (VAWA)

The VAWA Self-Petition is available for the spouse of a United States Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident who has suffered from domestic violence by said United States Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident Spouse.

Self-petitioning the USCIS for legal permanent residency under these circumstances allows not only the spouse (male or female) of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident abuser to file for LPR benefits – but also allows his or her unmarried child under 21 or the victim’s parent(s) to file for Legal permanent resident status under the program.

Domestic Violence can be mental, physical and/or financial. Read Signs of Domestic Violence…

For Family immigration, the programs above listed can be beneficial in getting the green card you desire…

However, the application process is complicated and requires expertise in order to succeed…

Contact attorney Yolette M Saintiny for comprehensive and effective legal representation at (800) 691-2949 or via email to book an immigration consultation.

Green Cards For Nonimmigrant US Residents” References

Related Content:

Immigration Pathway for International Entrepreneurs

Image via

The post Green Cards For Nonimmigrant US Residents appeared first on; bookmark the permalink.


Written by Yolette M. Saintiny, Esq.

Immigration, Real Estate & Family Lawyer Yolette M. Saintiny, Esq., is a member in good standing of the New York state bar, second judicial department since 1995.
Yolette, a zealous attorney and serial entrepreneur has cumulative legal experience in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors where she has dedicated her legal knowledge to assisting immigrants in receiving Benefits under current immigration laws; along with seeking legal redress for victims of abuse.
For Legal Services Contact attorney Yolette M. Saintiny in Brooklyn & Manhattan at (800) 691-2949; (347) 955-1515 or direct your written inquiries via email.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Translate »